Nonprofits can be incredibly powerful and flexible community change agents. However, I know first-hand that donors, funders, and the public are placing increased demands on the nonprofits they support. They’re looking for transparency, accountability, a clearly-articulated strategy, and focused action. My goal is to help you meet those demands and grow a dynamic network of stakeholders.
- Strategic planning and coaching focused on framing ideas, building relationships, mobilizing resources, and delivering measurable results
- Refining donor and funder engagement and stewardship strategies, activities, and materials
- Results-based accountability and partnership development training through an alliance with Community Solutions
- Fundraising analysis and coaching through an alliance with Achieve, a network of consultants and online resources
- Internal and external communications and brand management strategies through an alliance with Myra Cocca, APR
Examples of previous work
Community Design Center of Pittsburgh – provided strategic advising and project management for an evaluation process, resource development, strategic planning and work planning, and organizational change
Pittsburgh Partnership for Neighborhood Development - developed a 3-year business plan and related measures, helped write a collaborative proposal to Living Cities, and provided resource development counsel
Social enterprise start-up – Led the community-wide business planning process, attracted an initial $1 million of investment, and helped recruit and train staff and board members from the technology and professional services sectors for NPower Indiana, a successful technology services nonprofit. Indiana nonprofits saved more than $3.7 million in software, hardware and training.
Church of the Holy Cross – in partnership with Community Solutions, provided strategic planning and results accountability planning
Community foundation – Enhanced materials, policies, and agreements to better position the foundation as a partner to financial and wealth advisors, resulting in new, jointly-managed charitable funds and supporting organizations. For more information, see F.A. Program.
Nonprofit structure and strategy – As a volunteer, helped guide a new alliance and combined board structure for two statewide arts service organizations. Conducted a strategic planning process that re-mapped the combined organization’s services and goals to measurable results for citizens and legislators.
“Tony is proactive, thorough, and a true visionary. He has been a pleasure to work with, always collaborative and supportive. Tony continually worked to broker relationships and leverage resources that benefited the entire community.” – Anne-Marie Predovich, Executive Director, Indianapolis Neighborhood Resource Center